Advanced Materials and Nanosciences
The programme of Advanced Materials is focused on advanced (functional and structural gradient, nanostructural and smart) ceramic materials, polymers, metals and composites.
The research is focused on the area of nanotechnologies covering materials and structures to be exploited in nanoelectronic and nanophotonic applications.
- Applicants who wish to pursue a degree on the CEITEC PhD programme must hold the equivalent of a Czech Master's degree (Ing., Mgr.) from an institution of recognized standing. Applicants from institutions outside of the Czech Republic must hold the equivalent of Czech master’s degree (e.g. MSc.) from institutions of recognized standing (four or five-year undergraduate degree). Only the master study programme graduates from the same or similar study programmes can apply for this study programme.
- Each applicant is required to attend the interview. The admission committee is composed from at least 3 people who will interview the applicant. All of them are research group leaders, senior researchers or potential supervisors. The interview consists of the following parts:
- The field of study (0-30 p., threshold 15);
- Potential to study PhD programme (0-20 p., threshold 10);
- Existing professional and research activities (0-25 p., threshold 13);
- English language proficiency verification (0-25 p., threshold 13).
- The exam is passed by the candidate who gets at least 60 points out of a possible 100, while scoring of each area shall not be less than the minimum (thresholds).
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
3000 EUR/ academic year
About this institute
Brno University of Technology
Brno University of Technology (BUT) is the largest technical/engineering university in the Czech Republic and one of the leading educational, scientific and research institutions in Central Europe. Its tradition dates back to 1899, and more than 115 years later the...
Why study at Brno University of Technology
Brno University of Technology (BUT) is an internationally recognised higher education and research institution with 120 years of tradition and an excellent reputation.
We have wide and attractive offer of Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral study programmes taught in English.
Every fifth student of BUT comes from foreign country.
We have developed strong partnerships with many corporations (such as IBM, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Honeywell, Bosch, Siemens, etc.). 5 regional scientific centres create a solid base for our own research and development activities.
Most of all, we would LOVE to meet you!
Want to know more about Advanced Materials and Nanosciences? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!