Bachelor in Software Engineering
The time has come to jump on the bandwagon of one of the most sought-after and exciting professions in computer engineering and become a key player on the digital playground.
Our undergraduate course stands ready to offer you a program tailored and suited to absolutely the latest industry trends and internationally recognized standards. This means that with a diploma from Algebra, you’ll be ready to sail into corporate waters in Croatia and abroad almost immediately.
Upon receiving our diploma, you’ll know everything there is to know about software engineering, you’ll master the dominant object-oriented .NET and JAVA languages, learn how to programme, develop and manage complex apps and IT systems. Wherever you see your future, Agebra’s diploma is bound to put the wind in your sails.
All candidates who have completed secondary school have right to enrol. Candidates who have completed secondary school outside the Republic of Croatia will have to submit a formal decision issued by the Croatian Ministry of Science, Education and Sports on the foreign educational qualification recognition.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- English for IT
- Physical Education 1
- Mathematics 1
- Basics of Digital Electronics
- Computer Support for Office Administration
- Introduction to Computer Networks
- Computer Architecture
- Physical Education 2
- Mathematics 2
- Operating systems
- Basics of Business Economy
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Introduction to Databases
- Authentication Systems and Databases
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Database Development
- Basics of Business Communication
- Standards in Internet Technology Application
- Probability and Statistics
- Object-Oriented Programming - lab in .NET environment
- Java Programming 1
- Project Management
- Project Approach to Applications Development
- Development of Web Applications
- Security of Information Systems 1
- Organization and Management
- Accessing Data from Program Code
- Software Engineering
- Management of Information Systems
- Application Development for Mobile Devices
- Java programming 2
- Decision-Making Support Systems
- Interoperability of Information Systems
- Final Thesis
- Designing and developing a complete application solution
- Information Systems in Business Administration
- ICT tools in project management
- Java Web Programming
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The academic intake for Algebra University College takes place annually in late September/early October.
Annual tuition fee before the start of each academic year is 5,500 EUR.
For more information about pricing, please visit the university website.
ECTS points: 180
Title acquired: Bachelor of Computer Engineering, sub-specialization in Software Engineering
Certifications obtained during studies
- ECDL Standard
- Applications Development Microsoft CTS - Web
- Applications development Oracle Certified
- Associate – OCA ITIL Foundation
General learning outcomes
- Actively, in speech and writing, communicate in English in the field of computer science and applied computing,
- Evaluate and analyze problems in the field of expertise using concepts of information theory, applied mathematical theory and best engineering practices,
- Suggest solutions in the field of applied computing by analyzing and evaluating current knowledge, models and solutions in the field of the expertise,
- Apply complex research and analysis methods to determine detailed user or organizational requirements for information solutions or systems
- Identify, analyze and explain the problems of applying, polishing and implementing existing information systems in a wider business context and propose adequate solutions
- Development of complex computer applications for desktop and web
- Development of computer applications for mobile devices
- Development and management of information systems
- Manage application development projects
- Development of business information systems
Undergraduate Professional Study Program in Software Engineering - Interview with Mr. Daniel Bele – Lecturer at Undergraduate Professional Study Program in Software Engineering
About this institute
Algebra University College
Algebra University College was established in 2008 as a private not-for-profit higher education institution and soon after became recognized as a part of the official Croatian higher education system through the process of initial accreditation. The founder of Algebra University...
Why study at Algebra University College
Would you describe yourself as creative, curious and open-minded?
If your answer is yes to any of the above, then Algebra University College is the right choice for you!
Digital technologies represent the fastest growing area of the IT industry, one that records a strong growth in revenue and number of employees in Croatia and the world. In other words, by choosing a career in the propulsive and growing digital industry, you are guaranteed to have a head start.
Our study programs are focused on the acquisition of practical and applicable knowledge required by the IT industry. The acquired knowledge is additionally confirmed by international IT certification programs provided by our University College, ensuring maximum visibility and employability for each alumni.
We continually improve our educational programs and teaching approach in line with the labor market requirements, technological trends and the needs of the future. The inexhaustible pace that we have set for ourselves has made Algebra University College a top professional higher education institution unsurpassed in the Croatian educational system. At the end of the day, it does make a difference which career you choose and where you forge it.
Therefore, allow us to take you towards the digital future.
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews.
Want to know more about Bachelor in Software Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.