About this program
Aalto Bachelor's Program in Science and Technology - Digital Systems and Design
Digital Systems and Design educates specialists in various fields of digital systems. This major gives you competence in engineering design, as well as project planning and management, employing tools from embedded systems, control theory, and signal processing.
The major covers interdisciplinary topics from electrical engineering and automation, computer science, communication science, information science, and electronics. Through these studies, you will gain expertise in a range of techniques covering mathematics, modeling and analysis of signals and systems, and electronics.
You will be proficient in the modeling and analysis of systems and have a good foundation in the broad field of computer networks. You will also gain professional experience through tailored industry projects and entrepreneurship training.
These competences will foster your solid mathematical background, diverse programming skills, goal-oriented problem solving, engineering design, and efficient project planning and management.
- learn from field experts in the evolving information technologies that define the future in the industry and society or
- know various fields of modern electronics industry that are required by specialists
Through your studies in Digital Systems and Design, you will acquire:
- knowledge in efficient analysis, design and optimisation of complex systems
- cutting-edge design skills tailored for engineering that make a difference in technical solutions
- management skills that are sought after in leading industry positions
- practical programming expertise in a range of languages relevant to industry
- experience in project and team work through an industrial or industry-related project
The program is conducted entirely in English, meaning that all courses and exams are in English. For students with sufficient proficiency in Finnish, it is also possible to study the 20-25 credit minor subject of the bachelor’s degree in Finnish.
All applicants must fulfill the general eligibility requirements for higher education. You are eligible to apply if you have completed or will complete during spring 2020 one of the following Programs:
- Finnish matriculation examination
- International Baccalaureate degree (IB)
- European Baccalaureate degree (EB)
- Deutsches Internationales Abitur degree (DIA) or Reifeprüfung degree (RP) in Finland
- A degree or qualification completed outside Finland that in the awarding country gives eligibility for university studies
- A Finnish vocational upper secondary qualification, further vocational qualification or specialist vocational qualification as set in the Vocational Education Act (531/2017)
- Advanced International Certificate of Education degree (AICE) in Finland
Admission to the Aalto Bachelor's Program in Science and Technology is based on either grades obtained in Finnish Matriculation Examination, IB, EB or DIA/RP degree or SAT test results. In Admission Group I admission is based on the grades obtained in the Finnish matriculation examination, IB, EB or DIA/RP Programs. In Admission Group II admission is based on SAT test results.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Differential and integral calculus 1
- First course in probability and statistics
- Matrix algebra
- Introduction to Optimization
- Basics in programming Y1
- Basic course in C programming
- Design in Engineering
- Basic principles in Networking Electronics and Design Workshop
- Introd. to Digital Systems and Design
- Industrial training
- Integrated Oral and Written Skills
- Electronic circuits
- Introd. Course for Bachelor's students
- 2nd national lang./Finnish for foreigners
- Signals And Systems
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management
- Data Structures and Algorithms Y
- Introduction to Estimation, Detection and Learning
- Computer Lab in Digital Signal Processing Basics
- Control and Automation
- Object oriented programming with C++
- 4 Elective course / Minor course
- Introduction to Industrial Engineering and Management
- Final Project in Digital Systems and Design
- Final Project in Digital Systems and Design
- Embedded Real-Time Systems
- 6 Elective course / Minor course
- Photonics and Optical Communications
- Bachelor Thesis and Seminar
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
For non-EU/EEA citizens: 12000 €/year (Bachelor's) + 15000 €/year (Master's)
By completing the Aalto Bachelor’s Programme in Science and Technology, you will earn a Bachelor of Science (Technology) degree (180 ECTS), or tekniikan kandidaatti in Finnish. The degree is designed to be completed in three years.
After graduating from the BSc programme the student automatically has the right to continue studies in selected master's programmes. By completing the master's programme in the field of Technology in Aalto University, you will earn a Master of Science (Technology) degree (120 ECTS), or diplomi-insinööri in Finnish.
As a bachelor’s student of the Digital Systems and Design major, you are entitled to continue your studies at the master’s level at Aalto University. This bachelor’s degree gives you a solid basis for further studies in all of the master’s programs provided by the Aalto University School of Electrical Engineering. You may also apply to continue further studies at Aalto University at the master’s level in other fields.
The program aims to educate professionals in a diverse range of activities. Graduates of the program will obtain the background to start their working life, for instance, as digital systems specialists, engineers, or technology entrepreneurs.
Additionally, the program prepares students for advanced studies in engineering, science, and mathematics. Graduates of the program will be well-equipped to pursue masters-level studies with the opportunity to become engineering scientists, business analysts, industrial researchers, and more.
About this institute
Aalto University is a multidisciplinary community of bold thinkers, where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future....
Be the first to write a review!