With a unique combination of technology, arts and business programmes, of which more than 100 are offered in English, Aalto University is an excellent study choice for international students. Around 25% of our 13,000 degree students are international, making us one of the most international universities in Europe. In our global environment, you have excellent opportunities to become more internationally oriented during your studies.
Reasons to study at Aalto
- Field combination - Aalto offers multidisciplinary studies in arts, technology and business. You can take courses from each field!
- Top-notch education - Aalto has a high academic standing in international university rankings. We have several high-ranking fields of study!
- Internationality - Aalto ranks high for international outlook, so you have great opportunities to become more globally competent.
- Well-organised and safe country - Finland scores high in international comparisons in education, safety and quality of life. Finns value equality, and our society has a low hierarchy.
- Vivid campus - Aalto Campus in the Helsinki Capital area offers excellent services, affordable housing for students, versatile learning facilities, and it is closely connected with nature.
- Unique student culture - The Finnish student culture is full of exciting traditions. There is a plethora of different student clubs operating within the Aalto University Student Union, so you can find fun ways to spend your free time.
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
Prospective students subject to tuition fees are eligible to apply for Aalto University Scholarship. Aalto University Scholarship programme seeks to recognise talented non-EU/EEA students. Aalto University scholarships are merit-based and are granted on a competitive basis. The number of scholarships per degree programme is limited and depends on the overall number of selected non-EU/EEA students per degree programme. Aalto University scholarships cover either 50 % (Category B) or 100 % (Category A) of the tuition fee. Aalto University scholarships are awarded as tuition fee waivers.
Please visit our website for more information on scholarships and tuition fees.
Aalto University is in the Top 10 Countries to Study Abroad
Awards & Accreditations
6th in the world
QS World University: Art and Design (2023)
QS Worldwide University Ranking (2023)
47th in the world
Times Higher Education: Most International Universities (2023)
- Aalto University's main campus is located in Otaniemi, Espoo. This is where the majority of studies and student facilities are located.
- Aalto University also has a campus in Mikkeli, home to the Bachelor's program in International Business.
Aalto University has a very vibrant and international student community. Events are organised throughout the year the community is one of a kind. There are also over 200 student associations, clubs and societies which means that whatever your hobby is, you are sure to find people with similar interests on campus.
Aalto University itself does not own student dormitories. The main student housing providers for incoming Aalto University students are the Foundation for Student Housing in the Helsinki Region HOAS, and Aalto University Student Union AYY.
Average rating 5Based on 8 reviews.
As a student of ARTS I have access to incredible workshops and guidance from experts. Not only that but the courses prepare you for the future and not the past. Already at the bachelor level, we collaborate with NGOs like Naisten Linja, companies and the latest I collaborated with was with the Finnish Ministry of Interior. Studying Design here...
Aalto University's Master's Program in Industrial Engineering and Management combines strategy, operations management and leadership studies. Teachers are interested in your learning experience and in the small department hierarchy is very low. Studies often include real-life company projects and you get good connections to the Finnish work life...
Aalto connected me to so many amazing people in my own field but more importantly with other students from Finland and abroad with backgrounds in Visual Art, Business and Science. I could also develop my own projects and I received support in every step of the way. With the help of my profs and peers I was able to secure two grants and several e...